Welcome friends to Back Issue Bloodbath, a comics-centric podcast presented by Geek Hard. Join hosts Andrew Young and Gavin Stephens as they get down and dirty in the four-colour world of comic books, focusing on classic stories, new issues, comic creators and hot button topics.
If you’ve listened to the show, you know we love talking about Marvel and DC Comics. One thing that has been a constant problem with the Big Two in the past couple of decades is the lack of new characters created in their respective universes. The House of Ideas appears to retread a lot of their old ones. And since the New 52, the Distinguished Competition has been rehashing/revamping/retelling older origins and story arcs. While there’s a few new heroes and villains produced each year, the majority of stories focus on characters created over thirty years ago. What’s the reason for the lack of new characters? That’s what we’re trying to find out on an ALL NEW Bloodbath!
If you’re gonna geek out, GEEK HARD!
Latest posts by Andrew Young (see all)
- The PDX Broadsides Deal with their Trust Issues in Latest Album - August 18, 2017
- Back Issue Bloodbath Episode 94: The Defenders by Bendis and Marquez - August 16, 2017
- New Comics (08-16-2017) - August 15, 2017
- This Week’s Episode of Geek Hard (08-18-2017): Defending the Krackle Noise with Kyle Stevens and Shaun Hatton - August 14, 2017
- Don’t Make Me Watch That Episode 14: Amazing Spider-Man - August 10, 2017