Welcome friends to Back Issue Bloodbath, a comics-centric podcast presented by Geek Hard. Join hosts Andrew Young and Gavin Stephens as they get down and dirty in the four-colour world of comic books, focusing on classic stories, new issues, comic creators and hot button topics.
This week on Bloodbath, Andrew and Gavin give an in depth review of the first 5 issues of Captain America: Sam Wilson, written by Nick Spencer with art by Daniel Acuna. In this series, Sam’s broken away from S.H.I.E.L.D. and is out to stand up for his beliefs. Touching on current topics in the media, this comic is attempting to take a relevant stance on subjects that matter in today’s society. That’s not to say that there isn’t a lot of fun to be had. Spencer also weaves in classic Cap villains and supporting cast, bringing a balance of superhero action and topical messages that is not seen anywhere else in mainstream comics. But is this balance working?
Both Andrew and Gavin are big fans of Nick Spencer, but does that mean that this book is up their alley? Is a book worth your comic buying dollars? Find out what they think of the series as they break down the book and look at some of the surprising plot points (Cap Wolf, anyone?). It all goes down right now with an ALL NEW edition of Back Issue Bloodbath. Give it a listen!
Have an idea for a certain topic we should cover? Have an indie comic book you’d like us to review? Send us an email at email@example.com with “Back Issue Bloodbath” in the subject line. We’d love to hear from you.
If you’re gonna geek out, GEEK HARD!
Latest posts by Andrew Young (see all)
- Back Issue Bloodbath Episode 78: Spotlight on George Perez - April 26, 2017
- 5 Reasons to Come to Geek Hard Live at Comedy Bar this Saturday! - April 26, 2017
- New Comics (04-26-2017) - April 25, 2017
- Geek Hard @ Toronto ComiCon 2017: An Interview with Paul Amos - April 25, 2017
- This Week’s Episode of Geek Hard (04-28-2017): Borne on the Broadside of a Circle with Christian Lipski & Jeff Vandermeer - April 24, 2017