Welcome friends to Back Issue Bloodbath, a comics-centric podcast presented by Geek Hard. Join hosts Andrew Young and Gavin Stephens as they get down and dirty in the four-colour world of comic books, focusing on classic stories, new issues, comic creators and hot button topics.
This week on Bloodbath, Andrew and Gavin give an in depth review of the first 5 issues of Captain America: Sam Wilson, written by Nick Spencer with art by Daniel Acuna. In this series, Sam’s broken away from S.H.I.E.L.D. and is out to stand up for his beliefs. Touching on current topics in the media, this comic is attempting to take a relevant stance on subjects that matter in today’s society. That’s not to say that there isn’t a lot of fun to be had. Spencer also weaves in classic Cap villains and supporting cast, bringing a balance of superhero action and topical messages that is not seen anywhere else in mainstream comics. But is this balance working?
Both Andrew and Gavin are big fans of Nick Spencer, but does that mean that this book is up their alley? Is a book worth your comic buying dollars? Find out what they think of the series as they break down the book and look at some of the surprising plot points (Cap Wolf, anyone?). It all goes down right now with an ALL NEW edition of Back Issue Bloodbath. Give it a listen!
Have an idea for a certain topic we should cover? Have an indie comic book you’d like us to review? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Back Issue Bloodbath” in the subject line. We’d love to hear from you.
If you’re gonna geek out, GEEK HARD!
Latest posts by Andrew Young (see all)
- The PDX Broadsides Deal with their Trust Issues in Latest Album - August 18, 2017
- Back Issue Bloodbath Episode 94: The Defenders by Bendis and Marquez - August 16, 2017
- New Comics (08-16-2017) - August 15, 2017
- This Week’s Episode of Geek Hard (08-18-2017): Defending the Krackle Noise with Kyle Stevens and Shaun Hatton - August 14, 2017
- Don’t Make Me Watch That Episode 14: Amazing Spider-Man - August 10, 2017