Welcome friends to Back Issue Bloodbath, a comics-centric podcast presented by Geek Hard. Join hosts Andrew Young and Gavin Stephens as they get down and dirty in the four-colour world of comic books, focusing on classic stories, new issues, comic creators and hot button topics.
There are certain comic creators that are revered by many as legendary figures in the industry for all the great stories they’ve provided over the years. Then there are superstar creators who have produced a great number of misses to go along with their hits. Jeph Loeb is of the second camp. When one looks back to The Long Halloween, Superman for all Seasons, Daredevil: Yellow, Spider-Man: Blue and Hush, it’s hard to argue that Loeb is a master craftsman in the art of telling a rippin’ comic yarn. But then this is also the guy who also brought us the Red Hulk. Not his finest moment if you ask us.
On this week’s Bloodbath, we take a look back on the career of Jeph Loeb, from his beginnings as a screenwriter, to his work with artist Tim Sale, his jump to T.V. and his most recent comic work. What made a once great creator dip his toe into mediocre waters? Not sure if we’ll have the answers to this mystery, but we’ll sure try to find out as we delve into Loeb’s history as a writer. It’s all coming your way RIGHT NOW!
Have an idea for a certain topic we should cover? Have an indie comic book you’d like us to review? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Back Issue Bloodbath” in the subject line. We’d love to hear from you.
If you’re gonna geek out, GEEK HARD!
Latest posts by Andrew Young (see all)
- Back Issue Bloodbath Episode 78: Spotlight on George Perez - April 26, 2017
- 5 Reasons to Come to Geek Hard Live at Comedy Bar this Saturday! - April 26, 2017
- New Comics (04-26-2017) - April 25, 2017
- Geek Hard @ Toronto ComiCon 2017: An Interview with Paul Amos - April 25, 2017
- This Week’s Episode of Geek Hard (04-28-2017): Borne on the Broadside of a Circle with Christian Lipski & Jeff Vandermeer - April 24, 2017