Back at the beginning of September, Geek Hard was invited to a very special event that took place over Fan Expo weekend. That event was ZDARSCON! What’s ZDARSCON? Well, it’s an intimate and interactive convention that celebrates the genius and achievements of comic creator (and former Geek Hard guest) Chip Zdarsky. It all went down in an executive suite at the Soho Metropolitan Hotel in Toronto where Chip invited fans in small groups up to converse with him and his illustrious panel of guests. This panel included the likes of fan favourite creators Bryan Lee O’Malley, Sam Maggs and Ryan North.
Geek Hard attended this show and conducted interviews in the media centre for the event, also known as the suite’s bathroom. Watch as Andrew finds out about the logistics of putting a show of this magnitude together as well as what’s upcoming from Chip in his run as writer of Star Lord for Marvel. Andrew also chats with Sam Maggs about her book, Wonder Women: 25 Inovators, Inventors and Trailblazers Who Changed History, and with Bryan Lee O’Malley regarding his current comic, Snotgirl. There’s also a philosophical conversation about meat with Ryan North. All this and more is waiting for you in the video you’re about to watch. Check out the video right now!
This is just a taste of what Geek Hard has in store for you as we’ll be dropping videos on the regular once again. Stay tuned for fantastic interviews and stories with your favourite comic creators and MORE! We got some funny moments and interesting info. That’s entertainment that good and “good for you”!
If you’re gonna geek out, GEEK HARD!
Latest posts by Andrew Young (see all)
- Back Issue Bloodbath Episode 78: Spotlight on George Perez - April 26, 2017
- 5 Reasons to Come to Geek Hard Live at Comedy Bar this Saturday! - April 26, 2017
- New Comics (04-26-2017) - April 25, 2017
- Geek Hard @ Toronto ComiCon 2017: An Interview with Paul Amos - April 25, 2017
- This Week’s Episode of Geek Hard (04-28-2017): Borne on the Broadside of a Circle with Christian Lipski & Jeff Vandermeer - April 24, 2017