Welcome friends to Back Issue Bloodbath, a comics-centric podcast presented by Geek Hard. Join hosts Andrew Young and Sammy Younan as they get down and dirty in the four-colour world of comic books, focusing on classic stories, new issues, comic creators and hot button topics.
Every hero needs a villain. In the case of comic book superheroes, they need A LOT of villains. There always need to be new antagonists to fight. New nemesis to foil. New obstacles in the path. Because of this, bad guys are churned out at an alarming rate. The high volume leads to villain fatigue. We either get a bad guy that feels too generic to leave an impression or a tried and true villain that loses its luster due to overexposure. Why do so many villains end up being a write off?
This week, Andrew and Sammy take a look at Bad Guys. We talk the good, the bad and the ugly of the cape and mask crowd and attempt to decipher why great villains are great and so many do not live up to their standards. We also look at how a creator can take a “lame” villain and turn him into a winner. It’s all in the story, kids. A villain is only as weak as the writer that’s writing them. Join us as we dissect the anatomy of a villain and build it back up again in our own image. All this and more is waiting for you on an ALL NEW episode of Back Issue Bloodbath.
Have an idea for a certain topic we should cover? Have an indie comic book you’d like us to review? Send us an email at email@example.com with “Back Issue Bloodbath” in the subject line. We’d love to hear from you.
If you’re gonna geek out, GEEK HARD!
Latest posts by Andrew Young (see all)
- New Comics (09-20-2017) - September 19, 2017
- This Week’s Episode of Geek Hard (09-22-2017): Brawling over TIFF17 with Noah Taylor - September 18, 2017
- Geek Hard @ Fan Expo Canada 2017: Shuyan Saga starring Kristin Kreuk - September 14, 2017
- Back Issue Bloodbath Episode 98: Daredevil Born Again - September 13, 2017
- Geek Hard @ Fan Expo Canada 2017: Jason Mewes (The Extended Interview) - September 13, 2017