This Friday’s show just got a whole lot bigger!
Don’t miss Geek Hard this week as Andrew and Mr. Green will be joined via phone by the duo of Matt Johnson and Jay McCarrol, the stars and creators of Nirvanna the Band the Show. What started as a web series back in the late 2000s is now a 10 episode television program premiering on Viceland on February 2nd. Matt Johnson rose to prominence in the independent film world with his film The Dirties and has since followed it up with Operation Avalanche. When the opportunity came up to make a show for Vice, he decided to “bring the band back together” with a new take on his former web show. Matt and Jay will be on to talk about the series that follows one band who will stop at nothing to book a show at the Rivoli in Toronto….except, just ask to be booked like normal human beings. Here’s a preview of Nirvanna the Band the Show:
For more on Nirvanna the Band the Show, check out the Viceland website and be sure to catch our interview with Matt and Jay this Friday.
We’ll also be talking with film critic and author Richard Crouse about the Flashback Film Festival (brought to you by Cineplex) that’s coming to 24 Canadian cities this February. To break up all this Can-con, we’ve got a review of xXx: The Return of Xander Cage coming your way as well. It’s gonna be a big, crazy show to say the least.
All this, plus the news and reviews that you’ve come to expect, right here on Geek Hard. Listen LIVE! This Friday at 7PM Eastern on the station that knows how to rock out, flash back and go extreme, www.realityradio101.com.
If you’re gonna geek out, GEEK HARD!
Latest posts by Andrew Young (see all)
- Back Issue Bloodbath Episode 78: Spotlight on George Perez - April 26, 2017
- 5 Reasons to Come to Geek Hard Live at Comedy Bar this Saturday! - April 26, 2017
- New Comics (04-26-2017) - April 25, 2017
- Geek Hard @ Toronto ComiCon 2017: An Interview with Paul Amos - April 25, 2017
- This Week’s Episode of Geek Hard (04-28-2017): Borne on the Broadside of a Circle with Christian Lipski & Jeff Vandermeer - April 24, 2017