Welcome friends to Back Issue Bloodbath, a comics-centric podcast presented by Geek Hard. Join hosts Andrew Young and Sammy Younan as they get down and dirty in the four-colour world of comic books, focusing on classic stories, new issues, comic creators and hot button topics.
If there’s one DC comic book character that Sammy loves, it’s gotta be Wally West as The Flash. Needless to say, the New 52 was hard on the guy. Both Andrew and Sammy are of the generation that grew up with Wally West as their Flash. The legendary runs by Mark Waid and Geoff Johns on The Flash made Wally the hero we all wanted to be. For 5 years, we had to live without the original Wally. Thanks to a little thing called Rebirth, we don’t have to live without him anymore. Wally’s back and he’s in the pages of Titans.
Take a listen as Andrew and Sammy dissect the first 8 issues of Titans. We put the writing of Dan Abnett and the artwork of Brett Booth under the microscope and give our honest opinion on the new series. Does it meet the standard of what we expect from a Rebirth series? Find out as we hold nothing back. Spoilers: Sammy is really happy Wally’s back….but there’s still some gripes that both Andrew and Sammy have with this series. Find out what they are and more on an ALL NEW Back Issue Bloodbath.
Have an idea for a certain topic we should cover? Have an indie comic book you’d like us to review? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Back Issue Bloodbath” in the subject line. We’d love to hear from you. And be sure to join our Facebook page for exclusive content.
If you’re gonna geek out, GEEK HARD!
Latest posts by Andrew Young (see all)
- This Week’s Episode of Geek Hard (09-29-2017): A Meta Made Killjoy with Kelly McCormack & Chris Cheung - September 25, 2017
- Don’t Make Me Watch That Episode 17: The Lion King - September 21, 2017
- Back Issue Bloodbath Episode 99: Andre the Giant (Life and Legend) - September 20, 2017
- Geek Hard @ Fan Expo Canada 2017: An Interview with Adam Gorham - September 20, 2017
- New Comics (09-20-2017) - September 19, 2017