Welcome everyone to another episode of Don’t Make Me Watch That! – A podcast that celebrates movies and tears them down all in one sitting. Hosted by Andrew Young and Leslie Hudson, each episode presents the critique of a film from the long or recent past that one of us hates and the other one loves. Andrew and Leslie will do what they do best: fight and debate and make fun of one another. It’s all in good fun and for the love of FILM!
This Episode, we skate back to 2009 for the roller derby, coming of age flick Whip It. Directed by Drew Barrymore and starring Ellen Page, Whip It is the story of Bliss, an indie-rock loving misfit who finds a way of dealing with her small-town misery after she discovers a roller derby league in nearby Austin. There is a short list of actors that Leslie cannot stand to watch. Ellen Page is on that list. Will she be able to handle a film that relies on a strong performance from Page? Will Andrew be able to contain his “bliss” regarding the film?
Listen as our two combatants argue the merits of Whip It and cut each other up in the process. Enjoy.
If you like what you hear, we’d love to hear from you! Send us an email at email@example.com and put “Don’t Make Me Watch That!” in the subject line. Let us know if you agree with Andrew or Leslie regarding this film or make suggestions on films you’d like to hear us talk about. We may even read your email in a future episode (but only if you want us to). And be sure to like the Don’t Make Me Watch That! Facebook Page for exclusive content you won’t find anywhere else.
If you’re gonna geek out, GEEK HARD!
Latest posts by Andrew Young (see all)
- This Week’s Episode of Geek Hard (01-26-2018): Altered Killer Flashbacks with Abigail Winter and Richard Crouse - January 22, 2018
- Back Issue Bloodbath Episode 116: The Button Man - January 17, 2018
- New Comics (01-17-2018) - January 16, 2018
- This Week’s Episode of Geek Hard (01-19-2018): Hicks and Thieves with K. Trevor Wilson - January 15, 2018
- Back Issue Bloodbath Episode 115: Event Book Fatigue - January 10, 2018