Welcome everyone to another episode of Don’t Make Me Watch That! – A podcast that celebrates movies and tears them down all in one sitting. Hosted by Andrew Young and Leslie Hudson, each episode presents the critique of a film from the long or recent past that one of us hates and the other one loves. Andrew and Leslie will do what they do best: fight and debate and make fun of one another. It’s all in good fun and for the love of FILM!
Just when Andrew thought he was safe from the chick-flickery, he was made to watch 2010’s Burlesque. Written and Directed by Steve Antin and starring Christina Aguilera and Cher, Burlesque is the story of a small-town girl who ventures to Los Angeles and finds her place in a neo-burlesque club run by a former dancer. There’s a lot of singing and not much dancing. This is surprising for a film called Burlesque. Leslie loves it for the music. Andrew hates it for that reason as well as number of others. Soon, you will find out those reasons in great detail.
Listen as our two combatants argue the merits of Burlesque and cut each other up in the process. Enjoy.
If you like what you hear, we’d love to hear from you! Send us an email at email@example.com and put “Don’t Make Me Watch That!” in the subject line. Let us know if you agree with Andrew or Leslie regarding this film or make suggestions on films you’d like to hear us talk about. We may even read your email in a future episode (but only if you want us to). And be sure to like the Don’t Make Me Watch That! Facebook Page for exclusive content you won’t find anywhere else.
If you’re gonna geek out, GEEK HARD!
Latest posts by Andrew Young (see all)
- This Week’s Episode of Geek Hard (09-29-2017): A Meta Made Killjoy with Kelly McCormack & Chris Cheung - September 25, 2017
- Don’t Make Me Watch That Episode 17: The Lion King - September 21, 2017
- Back Issue Bloodbath Episode 99: Andre the Giant (Life and Legend) - September 20, 2017
- Geek Hard @ Fan Expo Canada 2017: An Interview with Adam Gorham - September 20, 2017
- New Comics (09-20-2017) - September 19, 2017