Welcome friends to Back Issue Bloodbath, a comics-centric podcast presented by Geek Hard. Join hosts Andrew Young and Sammy Younan as they get down and dirty in the four-colour world of comic books, focusing on classic stories, new issues, comic creators and hot button topics.
If you were responsible for making a record of the most important comics of all time for future generations to look back on, what stories would you choose? Let’s say a time capsule, holding only comic books and trades, was being placed in the ground, not to be opened for a thousand years. What comics would go in? You can’t put in your entire collection. There’s only room for a certain amount of issues. So what stories are vital to telling the world a thousand years from now what the current age of comic books was all about? That’s the question we attempt to answer this week.
Join Andrew and Sammy as they root through the comics of the bronze and modern eras to pick the premium grade books to represent the industry. There’s a lot of in depth analysis and argument regarding what comics are worthy. You might be surprised at what books make the grade. Take a listen and find out. Then let us know if we’re wrong and what books you think should be in the Comic Book Time Capsule. It’s another wild and wacky look at sequential art on an ALL NEW Back Issue Bloodbath.
Have an idea for a certain topic we should cover? Have an indie comic book you’d like us to review? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Back Issue Bloodbath” in the subject line. We’d love to hear from you.
If you’re gonna geek out, GEEK HARD!
Latest posts by Andrew Young (see all)
- This Friday’s Episode of Geek Hard (06-30-2017): Driving a Neo to Letterkenny with Nathan Dales, Michelle Mylett & Vas Saranga - June 26, 2017
- Back Issue Bloodbath Episode 86: Paper Girls - June 21, 2017
- New Comics (06-21-2017) - June 20, 2017
- This Week’s Episode of Geek Hard (06-23-2017): Glow in the Dark Mechs with Zoie Palmer & Brian Wood - June 19, 2017
- Don’t Make Me Watch That Episode 10: I Love You, Man - June 15, 2017